A brief check list should comprise the following.
- Who redecorated? What is the evidence?
- If the landlord decorated, when was it done?
- If the tenant decorated, did they get permission from the landlord?
- What is the standard of decoration, has it been completed professionally or is it an amateur finish?
- If the finish is poor, who is responsible for putting it right?
- Is the colour scheme comparable?
There are many questions to ask, which encompasses our role as inventory specialists which will help the agent/landlord/tenant to arrive at an evidence based conclusion.
Example - Poor condition of walls, holes made by tenant, condition of walls at end of useful life.
Case Study 1
Example - Tenant redecorated to a better standard than condition of walls at start of tenancy.
Case Study 2
These provide valuable reading for all parties. If you need help or advice then do let us know.